The Armidale School Old Boys Union
ABN 26 576 635 669
Your privacy is important. This statement outlines The Armidale School Old Boys’ Union (TASOBU) policy on how the TASOBU uses and manages personal information provided to or collected by it.
TASOBU is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
What kind of personal information does the OBU collect and how does the TASOBU collect it?
The type of information the OBU collects and holds includes (but is not limited to) personal information, including:
- Personal Information you provide: The OBU will generally collect personal information held about an individual by way of forms filled out by visitors to our website, face-to-face meetings and interviews, and telephone calls. On occasions people other than Old Boys and related parties provide personal information.
- Personal Information provided by other people: In some circumstances the OBU may be provided with personal information about an individual from a third party, for example an update of address provided by a parent or sibling or fellow old boy.
How will the OBU use the personal information you provide?
TASOBU will use personal information it collects from you for the primary purpose of collection, and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection and reasonably expected, or to which you have consented. For example, your updated information may be provided to the School ( The Armidale School) for the sole purpose of maintaining up to date records of its alumni.
The purposes for which the School uses personal information of its ulumni include:
- to keep you informed about matters related to the school, through correspondence, newsletters and magazines;
- day-to-day administration;
- Information about news and events, such as Old Boys Weekend, OBU meetings and general relevant information
- seeking donations and marketing for the School
- Marketing and fundraising: The School treats marketing and seeking donations for the future growth and development of the School as an important part of ensuring that the School continues to be a quality learning environment in which both pupils and staff thrive. Personal information held by the School may be disclosed to an organisation that assists in the School’s fundraising, for example, the School’s Foundation or Old Boys Association.
Parents, staff, contractors and other members of the wider School community may from time to time receive fundraising information. School publications, like newsletters and magazines, which include personal information, may be used for marketing purposes.
Who might the School disclose personal information to?
TASOBU may disclose personal information, including sensitive information, held about an individual to:
- government departments; if required by law.
- recipients of School publications, like newsletters and magazines;
- anyone you authorise the School to disclose information to.
- Sending information overseas: The OBU will not send personal information about an individual outside Australia without:
- obtaining the consent of the individual (in some cases this consent will be implied); or
- otherwise complying with the National Privacy Principles.
How does the OBU treat sensitive information?
In referring to ‘sensitive information’, the OBU means: information relating to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional or trade association membership, sexual preferences or criminal record, that is also personal information; and health information about an individual. Sensitive information will be used and disclosed only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise, or the use or disclosure of the sensitive information is allowed by law.
Management and security of personal information
TASOBU and the School’s staff are required to respect the confidentiality of any personal information and the privacy of individuals.
TASOBU has in place steps to protect the personal information the OBU holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by use of various methods including locked storage of paper records and pass worded access rights to computerised records.
Updating personal information
The OBU endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up- to-date. A person may seek to update their personal information held by the School by contacting the OBU Office of the School at any time.
The National Privacy Principles require the OBU not to store personal information longer than necessary.
You have the right to check what personal information the OBU holds about you
Under the Commonwealth Privacy Act, an individual has the right to obtain access to any personal information which the OBU holds about them and to advise the OBU of any perceived inaccuracy. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Act.
To make a request to access any information the OBU holds about you or your child, please contact OBU in writing.
The OBU may require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. The OBU may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying your application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If the information sought is extensive, the OBU will advise the likely cost in advance.
If you would like further information about the way TASOBU manages the personal information it holds, please contact the OBU Office, The Armidale School, Locked Bag 3003, Armidale NSW 2350
When purchasing from OBU, card details are transmitted through a secure server. Card data is not hosted by OBU after processing.
The OBU is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information we collect in relation to you is kept strictly secured. We do not pass on, sell or swap any of your personal details with anyone. We use this information to identify your order or payment, provide you with our monthly newsletter (if applicable) and to personalise your experience with us.
Price for all goods and services are in Australian Dollars and include GST where applicable.
General Refund Policy
No refunds or exchanges after 14 days. Refunds within this time frame for goods purchased using our shopping cart can be directed to the OBU Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning the office on (02) 6776 5851.
The Armidale School Old Boys Union
ABN 26 576 635 669